￼Welcome to the world of Russian – Welcome to Liden & Denz!
Whatever your reasons for learning Russian today, you are in good company. Interest in the language of Pushkin and Tolstoy is no longer confined to an academic sphere. Demand for modern and communicative Russian is on the increase, be it for professional purposes or pure pleasure!
St. Petersburg – jewel of Imperial Russia and UNESCO World Heritage site, Moscow -Russia’s powerhouse and Europe’s largest metropolis and Riga – the beautiful Latvian capital full of charm and history are three fantastic places to learn Russian, while immersing yourself in Russian culture and enjoying the legendary Russian hospitality.
Liden & Denz is one of the oldest private Russian language institutes (established in 1992) with a worldwide reputation as a first class training facility. All centres are regularly inspected by international accreditation bodies and operate a transparent quality assurance scheme.
Liden & Denz is owned by co-founder Walter Denz, who grew up in Zurich, Switzerland and graduated from the University of St. Gallen (HSG) in International Relations in 1989. He moved to London for an M.Sc. degree in Political Theory at the London School of Economics and Political Science, and settled in early 1992 in post-communist Russia. Together with his partner and friend Sven Lidén, he set up the Liden & Denz Language Centre in St. Petersburg, one of the first private institutions for the teaching of Russian as a foreign language. Later, Walter ventured into tour operating (outbound) and in 2004 opened a sister school in Moscow, followed by Riga (opening in January 2014). From 2008-2011 Walter was president of the International Association of Language Centres IALC and since 2012 he is vice-chair of EAQUALS. He also is chairing the board of the Deutsche Schule St. Petersburg.
Today Liden & Denz is run by Julia Voevodina (born 1984), who is an expert in strategic marketing and International management. She graduated with honours from the St. Petersburg Engineering & Economics State University ENGECON. Julia started to work with Liden & Denz in 2005 as marketing assistant. Since 2007 she runs the Moscow centre and is in charge of international sales and marketing for both schools. In December 2012 Julia was promoted to Managing Director for all our centres.
Over 20 years after our first students had received their certificates, our ever increasing student numbers are proof that learning Russian is considered a valuable asset today, apart from the fact that it is great fun.
We believe you should choose to learn Russian with us for the following reasons:
- Our language centres are internationally recognised, inspected and well known.
- ￼Our schools in St. Petersburg, Moscow and Riga have convenient central locations and feature attractive modern facilities. Courses at all levels are run year round with dates, programmes and prices identical for all our centres.
- Our method combines intensive teaching in small groups with a personal, communicative approach and a friendly atmosphere. This keeps motivation high as students progress fast and with ease.
- Liden & Denz is an official preparation centre for the TRKI (TORFL) state exam (Test of Russian as a Foreign Language).
- A clear course syllabus, frequent host family checks, detailed entry and exit questionnaires and clear complaint procedures underline our commitment to quality and quality control.
We do all this because we want you to fully enjoy your Russian language stay with Liden & Denz!