Welcome to Russia – Welcome to Liden & Denz!
Whatever your reasons for learning Russian today, you are in good company. Interest in the language of Pushkin and Tolstoy is no longer confined to the academic world. Demand for modern and communicative Russian is on the increase, both for professional purposes and pure pleasure.
St. Petersburg – the imperial capital and a Unesco World Heritage site – and Moscow -Russia’s powerhouse and Europe’s largest metropolis – are two fantastic places to learn Russian, to immerse yourself in Russian culture and to enjoy the legendary Russian hospitality.
Liden & Denz is the oldest private Russian language institute in the country (established in 1992) and enjoys a worldwide reputation as a first class training facility for the teaching of Russian. Both centres are regularly inspected by international accreditation bodies and operate a transparent quality assurance scheme.
Liden & Denz is owned by co-founder Walter Denz, who grew up in Zurich, Switzerland and graduated from the University of St. Gallen (HSG) in International Relations in 1989. He moved to London for an M.Sc. degree in Political Theory at the London School of Economics and Political Science, and settled in early 1992 in post-communist Russia. Together with his partner and friend Sven Lidén, he set up the Liden & Denz Language Centre in St. Petersburg, one of the first private institutions for the teaching of Russian as a foreign language. Later, Walter ventured into tour operating (outbound) and in 2004 opened a sister school in Moscow. From 2008-2011 he was president of the International Association of Language Centres IALC and since 2012 he is vice-chair of EAQUALS. He also is a board member of the Deutsche Schule St. Petersburg.
Over 20 years after our first students had received their certificates, our ever increasing student numbers are proof that learning Russian is considered a valuable asset today, apart from the fact that it is great fun.
We believe you should choose to learn Russian at one of our centres for the following reasons:
- Our language centres are internationally recognised, inspected and well known.
- Our schools in St. Petersburg and Moscow have convenient central locations and feature attractive modern facilities. Courses at all levels are run year round with dates, programmes and prices identical for St. Petersburg and Moscow.
- Our method combines intensive teaching in small groups with a personal and communicative approach and a friendly atmosphere. This keeps motivation high as students progress fast and with ease.
- Liden & Denz is an official preparation centre for the TRKI (TORFL) state exam (Test of Russian as a Foreign Language).
- A clear course syllabus, frequent host family checks, detailed entry and exit questionnaires and clear complaint procedures underline our commitment to quality and quality control.
We do all this because we want you to fully enjoy your language stay in Russia!